Producer - On Assignment
With operations in 37 countries NBCUniversal is one of the best known media brands in the world, and NBC News has been a leading source of global news and information for more than 75 years. It is uniquely positioned with both a network presence (NBC News) and a cable television news channel (MSNBC), giving it the widest audience reach of all the U.S. networks. Its stable of world-class brands include the breakfast show, TODAY; the flagship evening broadcast, Nightly News with Lester Holt; and the nation’s oldest continuous television news program, Meet the Press. Beyond broadcast, NBC News Digital is a collection of innovative and powerful news brands that deliver compelling and visually engaging stories on your platform of choice: NBCNews.com, MSNBC.com, TODAY.com, Nightly News, Dateline, Meet The Press. In 2017, Digital launched its first daily show on Snapchat, Stay Tuned.
- London, United Kingdon
As a Producer for the On Assignment unit, you will cover stories all over the world, including breaking news, political stories, conflicts and other hard news and feature stories. You will develop, report, film and package long-form, original stories that are ambitious and groundbreaking while maintaining the highest standards of accuracy and fairness. As a member of the unit you will collaborate with the other producers and support their work, coming together as a team when the story calls for it and assisting from afar to make every story we produce better. Working closely with your team you will contribute to every one of NBC’s many platforms including broadcast, cable and the internet.
- Generate and regularly deliver major international stories– both for On Assignment and across NBC’s other platforms.
- Supervise a sizable team in the field while reporting on stories
- Write scripts and supervise the edit process
- Work closely with Chief Foreign Correspondent Richard Engel
- Coordinate with all parts of NBC News, MSNBC and digital platforms on live shots, a Nightly News piece or a story for the website, etc.
Skills and Experience
- Must work well within a team that deals with fast-paced and unpredictable coverage.
- Must be able to embrace the changing assignments and work well within a team
- Must have extensive experience reporting major international stories.
- Must have excellent research, writing and editorial skills
- Must be able to show an extensive body of work in international news and/or investigative journalism.
- Must be proficient in Outlook, iNews, twitter, Facebook, etc
- Must be willing and able to travel frequently and work flexible hours under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
- Must be able to work or travel when news breaks, regardless of any pre-planned schedule.
- Must be willing to live and work in London.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must be 18 years or older.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and the post holder may be required to carry out any other tasks as requested and within capabilities