Freelance Desk Video Producer – International News Desk
With operations in 37 countries, NBCUniversal is one of the best known media brands in the world, and NBC News has been a leading source of global news and information for more than 75 years. It is uniquely positioned with both a network presence (NBC News) and a cable television news channel (MSNBC), giving it the widest audience reach of all the U.S. networks. Its stable of world-class brands include the breakfast show, TODAY; the flagship evening broadcast, Nightly News with Lester Holt; and the nation’s oldest continuous television news program, Meet the Press. Beyond broadcast, NBC News Digital is a collection of innovative and powerful news brands that deliver compelling and visually engaging stories on your platform of choice: NBCNews.com, MSNBC.com, TODAY.com, Nightly News, Dateline, Meet The Press. In 2017, Digital launched its first daily show on Snapchat, Stay Tuned.
- video desk producer
- London, United Kingdom
About the Job:
This individual is responsible for programming and distributing video clips across NBCNews.com, for supporting the websites and other digital platforms for NBC News’ broadcast news programs, and for managing video traffic for the NBC News broadcast platforms. This is a freelance position for irregular bookings.
- Collaborate with the digital and broadcast staffs on the production and distribution of video content.
- Use video editing skills to clip, encode and publish video for digital platforms.
- Coordinate with the foreign assignment desk to inform the broadcast platforms, including Today and Nightly News, on incoming video from all sources, including the agencies, online media, unilateral feeds, etc.
- Coordinate between the foreign assignment desk and the international bureaus to source and publish breaking news video and original NBC News features video.
- Other responsibilities may change depending on breaking news and scheduling.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience producing, editing and/or promoting video on the Web
- Strong journalistic writing skills and editorial judgment
- Familiarity with NBC News programs and on-air correspondents preferred
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule; nights and weekend work will be required on occasion
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or other discipline emphasizing storytelling and multimedia creation is preferred
- Strong knowledge of and interest in news and current events and a superior eye for spotting interesting video
- Further background in broadcast news production is preferred
- Experience with Avid video editing is a plus
- Experience with social media platforms
- Ability to work calmly in a fast-paced, high-pressured, often hectic environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while under extreme deadlines
- Speedy decision-making and quick reactions to newsworthy/fresh topics
- Strong organizational skills and solid work ethic
- Ability to take direction well and provide self-direction
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Please email a cover letter and CV to NewsUKHR@nbcuni.com